Fear, Worry, And Doubt

Pairing: Dorian Havillard x reader
Warning: none
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

                                               "Deep breaths," Chaol gently told his sister. "Easy for you to say," she muttered back. "Hey, I'm walking you down, remember?" Chaol points out. "You're not making things any easier, Chaol," she muttered. "I don't get why you're so nervous, Y/n. You're getting married to Dorian, the King of Adarlan," said Chaol. "That's the point, Chaol. I'm not fit to be queen." 

                                                 This is a conversation between Dorian and Y/n had many times even before Dorian had proposed. Y/n was scared and Dorian understood that moving into a new life is scary, especially if it's a very serious and important one. Yes, Y/n was trained to be a lady but a queen is much different from being a lady. 

                                                   Y/n lets out a shaky breath. "Y/n, do you want me to tell Dorian to post-phone the wedding?" Chaol suggested. "No, no. I don't want people to think I'm a coward," Y/n told him. "You're not a coward," Chaol told her. "Really? I'm not a coward?" Y/n repeated. "Chaol, I am a coward! I can't even face the idea of becoming queen! I can't even imagine being one!" She exclaims, Chaol grabbed her hands. "Listen to me, you'll be fine. Absolutely fine. Dorian is there to help you not judge you because you can't do anything right. He asked you to marry him because he loves you, not because you're capable of being queen." 

                                                     Meanwhile, Dorian was having problems of his own. Since Chaol is with Dorian's soon to be wife, Dorian couldn't talk to him leaving Dorian completely alone in the room. He readjusted his suit in front of a mirror, someone knocked on the door. "Come in," Dorian said, a servant opened the door. "Your Majesty, everything is ready," the servant reported. "And Lady Westfall?" Dorian asked. "She is ready for you as well." 

                                                      Dorian waited at the end of the aisle, waiting patiently for the love of his life to walk down the aisle. The music started and Dorian felt himself relax. She's so beautiful, the gods have blessed him with such a beautiful woman. 

                                                        Every fear, worry, and doubt faded when Y/n saw Dorian waiting for her. She could have sworn to see some tears in Dorian's eyes as she got closer. The minute their hands interlocked one another, she knew Chaol was right. Dorian loves her and she loves him back. Nothing will prove that wrong.