One Last Dance

Pairing: Rowan Whitethorn x daughter!reader
Warning: some cursing
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

                                               Lights, laughter, music, and cheering was heard as Rowan stayed in the dark, watching the Fae female he had raised dance with her new found mate. Lord Serondale's son was her mate and she will be a Lady once the lord faded into the Afterworld.

                                                He heard cheering again, Rowan stops leaning against the wall and prepares to leave. He left the building and was ready to shift when a female's scent hit him. "You know, a father and his daughter are supposed to have a dance," a female said, Rowan turned to see her. The female he had hidden and raised behind Maeve's back. "I can't stay here for long, Y/n," he said. "Because of that bitch of a queen you serve for," she snarled. "Y/n," Rowan starts. "Just go. It seems like the blood oath is more important to you."

                                               As Y/n turned to leave, Rowan grabbed her hand and spun her around. She got the message, she placed a hand on his shoulder while the other held his other hand and they swayed to the almost silent music from inside.

                                               Standing far away was Lorcan Salvaterre and Gavriel, watching Rowan have one last dance with a female they had no idea who she was until they heard "father and daughter" making Lorcan scoff. "Of course Whitethorn hid this," he scoffed. "I understand why he hid her," Gavriel said. "To keep Maeve from claiming her."

                                                After hours of convincing, Lorcan finally agreed to show some mercy and agreed to say nothing to Maeve where Rowan had disappeared to. When they returned to Doranelle, they lied and Maeve believed it.

                                                It was well after midnight when Rowan had returned. That dance will be the last time he will ever see Y/n again, the last time to dance with her, to see her smile, laugh, and more. Maybe someday, someone would free him from the shackles and he'll be able to see her again. It's a fool's hope but it doesn't mean he can't believe it.

Sorry for the lack of updates! I had a lot on my plate today and I'm back now! Hopefully I'll be able to upload more soon! If not, there's tomorrow!