The Taste of Blood

Pairing: Rowan Whitethorn x reader
Warning: some blood
Note: so, got inspiration from Instagram and don't judge, I'm out of ideas now. Two features will be given.
Requested by: no one

                                             Rumor has been spreading someone was drinking blood from the animals. Whether the animal is a cow, horse, bear, any animal and its blood has been drained. There was bite marks though, two very sharp teeth marks.

                                             The latest news was close to Mistward meaning Rowan had to go out and look for the animal corpse. Whoever is doing this has no scent, making it very difficult to track whoever is doing this.

                                               Mora must be on his side today, he caught a sight of a female attacking a wolf without a problem. The way she tore its neck, digging her teeth into its neck was gruesome. Rowan pulled the string of his bow back, ready to fire. Except he missed.

                                                The female was on the run, Rowan didn't hesitate to chase after her. He fired another arrow at her, she kicked it out of the air and continued running with Rowan hot on her heels. All of a sudden, she shifted into a bat, dodging tree branch after tree branch. Rowan shifted into a hawk and followed her.

                                                He looked down and saw a lion following. Gavriel. He leaped into the air, trying to scratch at least one of the female's wings but she dodged it as well. Rowan shifted and used his magic to slow her down, it slowed her down a bit but she was still able to keep going without a problem.

                                                All of a sudden, Rowan and Gavriel were attacked by a colony of bats, they lost track of the female. "She can shift into a bat," Rowan reported to Lorcan. "And apparently summon a colony of them," Gavriel adds.

                                                 A map of Wendlyn was spread out on a large table. "The twins have the north side," Gavriel said, pointing at north. "Rowan and I have south," Gavriel points at south. "You and Vaughan have to jump from east and west," Gavriel adds. "She's never been to the east yet," Lorcan said. "And why is that?" Fenrys demands. "Because they are no animals up there."

                                                 "Dammit," Y/n cursed to herself. "If those pesky males haven't gotten in the way I wouldn't be having this problem," she muttered, her predatory side is starting to show and reeling it back in is difficult. Especially for her kind. She tugged her hood on and walked through a small village.

                                                     The people who lived in this village smelt delicious.

~time skip~

                                                     "It was a female, she had red eyes, and, and pointed teeth. Not like ours, they weren't canine teeth," a child sobbed to Rowan and Gavriel. "She tore everyone's throat and drank their blood but her eyes shifted back to gold and she said "run" so I did," the child adds, Gavriel picks the child up, cradling her. "We'll find her and make her pay for what she's done," Rowan swore. "Do you remember how she looks like? Other than her eyes?" Gavriel softly asked. "H/c hair and very pale skin." The child said. "Thank you."

                                                     Rowan and Gavriel entered a forest, they heard a splash as they neared a river. A female stood in the middle of the river, she had the exact description of what the child said. Rowan and Gavriel pulled out their weapons, ready to attack her from behind.

                                                     They stilled when she kept muttering "stupid. Stupid of me to attack them when they did nothing. This isn't what Carlisle taught me to do" she waded out of the river, she dug through her leather jacket and pulls out what looks like a stake.

                                                     "I know you two are there," she softly said, she turns around and holds out the stake. "So, who's going to shove this through my heart?"

                                                       Gavriel and Rowan stared at her, weapons lowered. "I thought your kind was a legend," Gavriel finally spoke. "What? Us bloodsuckers?" Y/n scoffed. "We've been around even before your queen came to power," she scoffed. "You just never realized it."

                                                       "You murdered an entire village," Rowan snarled. "You don't know how hard it is to keep my bloodlust in check," Y/n snarled back, baring her fangs at him. "That's why I go for animal blood instead of Fae, human blood is too thick in my opinion. Besides, the way humans get rid of my kind is too cruel while you Fae bastards just cut off our heads and burn our bodies," she adds. "That's why I'm asking you, who's going to shove this through my heart?"

                                                       "I don't murder people," Gavriel said. "You kill your kind all the time yet you can't kill me?" Y/n asked. "You're a warrior, a soldier for war, you've killed people before," Y/n spat. "Go ahead, kill me whatever way you want. I don't care as long as I die."

                                                         If Lorcan were here, he wouldn't hesitate to kill her but Gavriel had convinced both the female and Rowan to come to them to drink their blood instead of hunting the animals and the people.

                                                         Three months later, Gavriel and Rowan dropped by for Y/n to take a bite. "There's a risk to this, I hope you know that," Y/n warned Gavriel. Gavriel had his head tilted to the side, revealing more skin for her. "I know," said Gavriel. "But I trust you."

                                                           Gavriel's knuckles clenched when he felt the bite. Rowan had thick, iron chains in his hands, in case if he had to pull her off of Gavriel with it if she took too much blood. Minutes later, Y/n finally pulled away, she covered her mouth with her hand as she swallowed the last of the droplets of blood. "How do you feel?" Y/n finally asked. "Tingly," Gavriel admits. "And odd," he adds. "You better get used to it then," Y/n said. "Till next time."

                                                           And that's how it's been for the next century, either Rowan or Gavriel offers her their blood, she takes a few minutes to get her fill then they leave. As for the village she had attacked, it was starting to come back to life again. The child was taken in by a young couple.

                                                           When Rowan had left Wendlyn after his new queen had freed him from his former one, Y/n had followed. Aelin nearly gutted Y/n when she caught Y/n baring her teeth close to Rowan's neck. After days of convincing, Rowan had convinced Aelin that Y/n was not a threat.

                                                           She served Aelin well, too. Taking the blood oath was not an option for Y/n, not yet at least. But Y/n served Aelin in different ways, scouting in the dark is her top way of serving.