Stars

Pairing: teen!Aedion Ashryver x teen!reader
Warning: none
Note: you and Aedion sneak off to look at the stars.
Requested by: no one

                                                Aedion offered you a hand, he was the first one to get to the top of the hill so you took it. "Cheater," you mumbled to him. "Hey, I'm wearing a backpack filled with blankets and pillows and snacks and I gave you a head start," Aedion protested. "Now, come on. The stars should be out by now."

                                                 You spread out the blanket and pillows while Aedion made sure no animals would sneak attack on you two. He then plops down and you sat down next to him with the blanket wrapped around you. You let Aedion also wrap himself with the same blanket so you cuddled into his side. The stars were out, everything was bright, you were with a boy you've been in love with for years. You didn't know how to tell him, you didn't want to ruin the friendship you had with him. So, you stayed silent about it.

                                                 "I have to go away for a while," Aedion softly murmured to you, you looked up at him. "For what reason?" You asked. "The Bane is moving out. I don't know where but I know I don't have much time left," said Aedion. "This is probably the last time we're going to see each other for a long, long time," you squeezed his sides. "Then I'll just wait for you to come back."

                                                   You planned to see Aedion off but that plan was ruined, he was gone before you could say goodbye or tell him what you've been wanting to say for years. You kept your word, though, you waited for him to come back. Even if it took years, you would still wait for him. All of that, slowly went down the drain, when you were in one of those wagons heading to Endovier.

                                                     You don't even remember how you ended up there, it was all blurry. You spotted a girl about sixteen also in the wagon with you, her eyes met yours and you noticed it was the same color as Aedion's. He told you his cousin was either dead or missing but you couldn't help it wonder if that was her.

                                                      As you worked in the mines, you always looked up to the stars, or at least, when you could. And you would pray to whatever god that would listen to your prayers. Your main prayer was to see Aedion again. You never lost hope, never.
You were taken out of the mines months later and was about to get auctioned off. You were the only girl there and the number of coins continued to rise until a familiar voice shouted, "Fifteen hundred gold coins." Your eyes met familiar turquoise eyes with gold aligning the pupil. Ashryver eyes.

                                                        Aedion won the auction, he scooped you up and carried you away, you leaned your head against his neck, breathing in his scent. Your prayers were heard.