Is Mommy Up There?

Pairing: Dorian Havillard x reader ft Luna
Warning: none
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

Luna sat in her father's lap as she stared up to the night sky. "Daddy?" Luna said. "Yes, dear?" Dorian replied, kissing the top of Luna's head. "Is Mommy watching us from the sky?" Luna asked, looking up at Dorian. Dorian said nothing at first, glancing at Chaol who sat next to the father and daughter. "Yes. Yes, she is."

Luna doesn't remember much, of course she doesn't, she was only two when it all happened. Dorian was still awake, attending a last minute meeting while his wife and daughter slept in his private quarters. The meeting was cut short when a servant ran in and told Dorian the news. His wife was murdered in her sleep whilst his daughter was still alive because of Chaol.

All Luna remembered that night is waking up and screaming and seeing blood on a knife. One of the guards carried Luna away as her uncle Chaol took care of the man that assassinated her mother and attempted to assassinate her. The man had some sort of pill filled with poison, one bite into the pill and he was dead.

Every night that night, Luna, Dorian, and Chaol would head out to a small forest clearing and sit there and watch the stars together until Luna was getting sleepy for staying up so late.

Dorian tucked Luna into bed, kissing her forehead softly. "Are you ever going to tell her the truth?" Chaol asked once the door to Luna's bedroom shut. "What do you want me to say? That Y/n is still alive?" Dorian replied. "I don't want to give Luna false hope, Chaol. It's best she still thinks Y/n is dead, not until we get more evidence."

I'm sorry for not updating 😖. As I said before, my school's WiFi no longer supports Wattpad or Tumblr so I can't write on my school issues laptop. The computer at home is out of the question since my younger brother is on it twenty-four seven.